What we do
We are very fortunate at our school to have a PTA that is and has been, such an integral part of the school community for many years. In its time the PTA has raised thousands of pounds, which have been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education and the facilities in school in general.
Bringing together the community
Creating unique bonds that make Sacred Heart feel like a special place to be part of Enriching the school experience for parents and children.
But our PTA is about much, much more than just fundraising. The PTA exists to provide closer links between home and school, and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. It is fun too – just ask any of the PTA committee members or helpers.
Did you know……
- Every year we pay over £4000 for music lessons for each and every child from Years 3 – 5
- We run a lunchtime gardening club for the children
- Our volunteers man the new library in the lodge
- We pay and offer parental help on numerous class trips
- We contribute towards school trips to the cinema and pantomimes
- We provide the much prized rosettes at Sorts Day
- Your cake sale money goes directly to you children’s class to spend
- We have teams of parents who give up their time to help your child read in class
- And most importantly we put in an important word in December so that, fingers crossed, the children may have a special visitor at their Christmas parties