Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
At Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, we safeguard children by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don't pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem
Below are some of the key documents, curriculum information and helpful links for parents and pupils to safeguarding help and advice.
We regularly publish information for parents and carers about the use of the Internet and social media and hope the links below are helpful to you: